The planned events have been postponed because of the emergency situation in Armenia. Please follow our page for additional information.
The project Advancing reforms in Armenia with Visegrad Four’s know-how focuses on topics set among reform priorities by the Armenian government and the EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement. It includes five modules:
- Central European countries’ policies and support to reforms in the Eastern Partnership region;
- civilian security sector reform;
- healthcare reform and social policy;
- renewable energy sector development;
- IT sector, e-governance and information society development.
The first, introductory module on the Central European states’ policies, will include 2-hour online seminars with experts from all V4 countries. Modules 2-5 will include online seminars with V4 experts followed by panel discussions with Armenian experts and officials. Working languages: English (seminars) and Armenian (panel discussions).
Each of the modules will familiarise a few dozens of Armenian civil servants and policy experts with Visegrad Four’s experiences and experts’ specific recommendations, as well as stimulate policy-focused discussions. After each module, a policy paper with recommendations (in Armenian) will be prepared by CPS staff and affiliated experts, and distributed among public officials, policy experts, civil society organisations, higher education institutions and other relevant audiences. The project will take place between June 2020 and February 2021.
Module 1: Central European countries’ policies
2. Czech perspective on the Eastern Partnership webinar (13 July 2020): video with an address by the Deputy Head of Mission of the Czech Embassy in Armenia Jan Plešinger and a report by Věra Řiháčková, Associate Research Fellow of the EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy.
3. Slovak perspective on the Eastern Partnership webinar with an address by the Ambassador of Slovakia in Armenia Miroslav Hacek and a report by Prof Alexander Duleba, researcher at the Slovak Foreign Policy Association (22 July 2020): video, presentation.
4. Hungarian perspective on the Eastern Partnership webinar (24 July 2020): video with a report by András Rácz, senior fellow of the Robert Bosch Centre for Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, and Central Asia.
Module 1 summary: Eastern Partnership: Visegrad Four countries' policies paper (in Armenian).